Pampanga’s Best, Inc. is committed to providing safe and quality products through the implementation of an effective Food Safety Management System (FSMS), the use of highly advanced technology, the utilization of superior quality resources, and the competence, commitment and dedication of the employees. The system symbolizes Quality Assurance, designated to meet or exceed statutory, regulatory and customer requirements. The system has define standard for all the resources and work instructions for all processes involved in the manufacturing process to control, eliminate and/or reduce food safety hazards.
• HACCP – is science based and systematic that identifies specific hazards and measures for their control to ensure the safety of food. HACCP is a tool used to protect food against biological, chemical and physical hazards. It establishes control systems that focus on prevention rather than relying mainly on end – product testing.
• Good Manufacturing Practices – (GMP) is a quality assurance system aimed at ensuring that products are consistently manufactured, packed and repacked or held to a quality appropriate for the intended use. It is thus concerned with both manufacturing and quality control procedure.
• 5S – is derived from five Japanese works that start with the letter S, when translated in English, they are: sort, straighten, shine, standardize, and sustain. This method is a work discipline used to ensure reliable work practices and clean working environment to increase efficiency and help enable lean manufacturing.
The Food Safety Management System envelopes the company’s:
The company is equipped with highly advanced machines and facilities that aid in the production of quality and safe food. Thorough evaluation for the selection and procurement of the machines and detailed planning for the construction of the facilities are done to ensure that FSM is carried out effectively.
The company utilizes superior quality resources from world class and accredited suppliers to ensure production of quality and safe foods. The company performs extensive inspection, testing, analysis, and evaluation in the selection of materials and suppliers.
The employees are one of the great assets of Pampanga’s Best, Inc., they are the largest contributors in the achievement of the company’s objectives. They are screened, evaluated, and trained toward their commitment to producing quality and safe food.
Pampanga’s Best products are all manufactured in its facility in Barangay Dela Paz Nort, City of San Fernando, Pampanga. The production facility area is 1.2 hectares situated in a 37 – hectare property; it has a production capacity of 50 metric tons. Other facilities in place that are germane are: laboratory, water treatment facility, water waste facility, waste segregation facility, refrigeration, ice maker, boiler, cold storages, washing area, raw materials warehouse, motor pool, fabrication and engineering, training and conference, medical clinic, canteen and recreation area, and HALAL facility intended to meet the requirements of the Muslim community. To date, more expansions are taking place.
Pampanga’s Best products are widely spread in the Philippines channeled through its thirty two (32) exclusive distributors and from the company’s own stores in Pampanga. Each distributor owns retail outlets that are present within their geographic coverage. Most of the large scale supermarkets (these are in the likes of SM, Puregold, and Robinson) and institutional accounts (hotels and restaurants) are directly handled by the company.
Pampanga’s Best also exports through consolidators in the Philippines. The importing countries are Dubai, Hongkong, South Korea, Singapore, and some countries in the Middle East.
Pampanga’s Best envisions to give every Filipino household and individuals in East Asia, Middle East, North America, and Europe, the pride in eating its famous and varied Tocino, Longaniza, and Tapa and other frozen deli. By using the best and advanced technology and processes it shall exceed the standards of the Good Manufacturing Practices in assuring the quality of the products, thereby creating excellent value for its customers; and satisfied and elated customers.
It is customary to design key objectives to make the vision a reality. Thus, Pampanga’s Best organization is bound to the following objectives:
- Increase commitment to quality assurance and exceed customers’ expectations
- To be the industry’s leader in technology and product innovation
- To be the first local manufacturer to receive accreditation from the targeted countries for distribution
- To increase product awareness in the market
- To create an excellent brand image in the global market
With these objectives in mind, Pampanga’s Best gave birth to its strategy called “ Embracing Global Market”, which is now going toward the second year of its five-year setting. The strategy aims to keep the company competitive in all aspects.